I think I have a problem. To me blogs are a personal way of expressing my self. But here’s the dilemma: If anyone actually knows me then they’ll know that I say everything in a very casual way. This especially applies to writing/typing (having spent numerous years on end physically attached to the computer on a certain ‘msn’ application)
This has resulted me in typing things like ‘lol’ without thinking and putting smiley faces ‘:)’ or big smiles ‘=D’ in every space available.
Now here’s why I think it’s a problem. I understand these blogs should be of a good quality standard to gain the marks. Now what is a good quality piece of ‘blog’?
1) Is it a very high standard of grammar applied in a collision of protracted words? (Yes I used the thesaurus!)
2) Or is it a legible page of put together facts which are relevant to the questions asked?
I think I’m going to stick with option 2, mainly as I’m no good with this whole A* level English. I suck at essays and I love art and design as I can express my self through images more than words. I know I have to write on this course, so I will try my best at it. I’ve just always felt (and I think I will continue to feel) very uncomfortable with writing as I’ve always seen myself being let down with my English abilities.
Why am I telling you about all this?
Because it’s annoying to see everyone’s blogs full of perfect grammar and long words. It’s not me so I’m not going to show my personal side to you by throwing a ton of over characterised words!
When it comes to blogging, I am literally one of those people who stare’s at blank screens for ages thinking of something worthy to write.
So Mike, I don’t want you to think that I’m leaving all my blogs to the last minute, because the truth of the matter is that I actually start my blogs early in the week. Create it on word and check it through trying to get a good standard of work that can be passed by me first. I won’t submit it until I’m completely satisfied with it. And I use this process because it corrects a million of my ‘mispelt’ words and sorts out my grammar too.
What’s the point of this blog?
Absolutely NOTHING! I just felt like this and putting it out here instead of keeping it in makes me feel a bit more comfortable about the whole blogging situation. You will now all go away feeling bad about losing a whole 2 minutes reading this damn essay of crap. But I feel better now….soooooo…back to work ;)


1 Comments:
Abs, if you want an idea what makes a good blog, check out the assessment matrix on the Blackboard Critical Studies page. It shows you what we're looking for in a blog, and what level of engagement.
If you want to know what a good blog looks like and reads like, check out:
http://sophiaconey.blogspot.com/
and
http://ohdearmybrainisleaking.blogspot.com/
these I rate very highly indeed
October 17, 2006 8:53 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home